Thursday 8 September 2011

TOMS - do some good, buy a pair of shoes!

I love shoes: when I was in London my attention was caught by a pair of TOMS worn by the girl sitting in front of me on a bus.
I had read some news about TOMS on an Italian magazine  just before leaving...but I had never seen a pair of TOMS in reality (they are nice, very simple, and basically are summer shoes).

TOMS is a shoes brand that was founded in 2006, by American traveler Blake Mycoskie, who while travelling in Argentina found that the young children he met had no shoes to protect their feet. Wanting to help, he created TOMS, a company that would match every pair of shoes purchased with a pair of new shoes given to a child in need.


TOMS has given over 140,000 pairs of shoes to children in Argentina, Ethiopia, and South Africa. The interesting thing is that you can really see on www.toms.com how many pair of shoes have been delivered to children in need (see the map below).
Once a shoe is purchased, it takes about four to six months to hand-place them on children’s feet.



The shoes look very simple (they do remind me of espadrillas) and a "basic" pair costs £33.
 he pair I have bought at Office in Covent Garden in London looks exactly like the one below.
So, do some good and buy a pair of TOMS..I just love the idea...It is absolutely inspirational!!

No comments:

Post a Comment