Saturday 11 February 2012

Tanzania Maasai Women Art







Bologna today looks exactly like the image above: grey and full of snow.
As a reaction to snow and cold, I have started to search for colorful images and handicraft jewelry on the internet.
A few days ago I have seen on a fashion magazine a beautiful reportage on masai jewelry in Africa...and I think today African jewelry is just what I need.

(the contrast between the image above and the ones below is quite impressive :)






Interesting enough - thanks to my researches - I have come to know an association called Maasai Women Art http://www.tanzaniamaasaiwomenart.com/.
It supports the beautiful beadwork jewellery of the women in Mkuru, Northern Tanzania and helps the local women to launch micro enterprises so that they can have an income...
I am going to get in contact with them and see what I can buy online to support the association...

No comments:

Post a Comment