Tuesday 3 May 2011

Paul Graham - Photographs 1981- 2006 at Whitechapel Gallery, London

I took two hours off today and went to see Paul Graham' s exhibition at the Whitechapel Gallery in Aldgate East, London (btw, this is one of my favorite areas in London, very close to Brick Lane, the Bengali-Indian area).
Paul Graham is one of the most famous British photographer and he charts all walks of life, from recession-hit Britain to the streets of Tokyo. Born in England in 1956, Graham mixes histories and genres to create a fresh visual language. 
I was totally shocked by his photos portraying poverty in the US...but I totally loved his pics of women from all over the world.
His photographs, taken over 25 years, will be on display at Whitechapel Gallery, London, until 19 June. 
You can get more info about the exhibition at:

Here are some of the pictures I saw today...






 

No comments:

Post a Comment