Tuesday 10 May 2011

Midnight Sun Film Festival in Sodankylä, Lapland

Every year I keep saying that I want to go to Finland and take part to the Midnight Sun Film Festival.
It is a small film festival, launched by the famous Finnish film director Aki Kaurismaki, and it takes place in Lapland, around the 20th of June when the sun never goes down and there are 24 hrs of light.
I mean, being there must already be an experience in itself!!! This year (once again) I will not be able to go there. One of my best friend - Sabrina- is getting married on the 18th of June..so I have to remain in Italy.
The Midnight Sun Film Festival this year's programme is more abundant and impressive than ever before. The 26th edition is based on the same, tried and true, inimitable recipe as the previous instalments: classic old films screened like they were new and a well-pleased audience. This year Atom Egoyan and other filmmakers will be there...
Here are some pics that were taken during the previous editions of the festival...just to give you an idea...

The tents where movies are screened...



The audience



A typical Finnish meal (bread, butter and cheese)





For more information you can check http://www.msfilmfestival.fi/fpage.php?lang=1...and if someone of you goes there...pls let me know how it was!!

No comments:

Post a Comment