Friday 27 May 2011

How one day at Google in Mountain View can change your life....

So many things have happened in the last 2 days that I don t even know where to start from. Yesterday I had a wonderful day in Palo Alto: first the conference, then a meeting with Heidi. We hadn't seen each other for almost 3 years, so it was absolutely wonderful meeting with her and spend some time together chit chatting. We had a coffee at Stanford book store then we drove to a burger place in Palo Alto..and Erkki was obviously with us!!
Today the day started with a meeting at Google's headquarters in Mountain View..o my!! Google complex is such a fascinating place!!
Then Erkki and I took a train and went to San Francisco (we missed the "bullett" train, it took us something like 1,5 hour!)...we walked from Caltrain Depot to the Fisherman's Wharf..almost 6 miles..but every single mile was worth the effort.
I love the Silicon Valley, I love the energy one can breath here, It makes you think that everything can be possible!!

Pic 1. Heidi and myself..Heidi, it was great to see you!!!


Pic 2. Erkki and his homework- to choose the hamburger from the menu


Pics 3 - 4. Google's headquarters



Pic 5. At San Jose station..heading to Frisco!


San Francisco downtown








Dinner with Erkki at Pier 39


P.S..by the way..for those who happen to visit my blog for the very first time...Erkki is simply the fabolous Finnish professor I work with....he is happily married to a great woman..and is a very inspirational guy!!

P.P.S. Obviously I went shopping in Frisco..I bought  a beautiful leather bag...:)))

No comments:

Post a Comment