Sunday 17 April 2011

Pinacoteca Nazionale, Bologna

This morning I woke up quite early (around 8.00, after all it was Sunday), took my bike, had breakfast in a cafetteria in the city center and then visited the Pinacoteca (today all the public museums were open and free and my Husbee was/is abroad..so I was all alone).

I have to admit that I had never been there before..(and yes, it was something to be ashamed of).

The National City Art Gallery is located in Via Belle Arti 46, quite close to the University. The gallery is divided into sections and has a valuable collection of paintings from different periods between the fourteenth and eighteenth centuries. There are many famous names of artists amongst the list of paintings. Some of the following are particularly famous like Giotto, Raffaello, Parmigianino, Franceso Cossa and Lorenzo Costa.
Here are some of the pics I took ...

Pic 1. a details (shoes...no comments on that pls :) in Sposalizio della Vergine by Lorenzo Costa



Pic 2. Girl with rose and cat by Giuseppe Maria Crespi (1665-1747)

Pic 3. Portrait of a girl by Gaetano Gandolfi (1734- 1802)


Pic 4. A portrait of Teresa Capomori by Angelo Crescimbene (1734-1781)

 Pic 5. Boy by Ubaldo Gandolfi (1728- 1781)

Pic 6. Sibilla by Guido Reni (1575-1642)


Pic 7-8. The entrance/exit



I am glad I visited the museum..I think some of the paintings are truly stunning...it was worth waiting so long then!!


1 comment: