Monday 25 July 2011

Erittäin Hieno Suomalainen Shampoo - a very stylish shampoo

I have been to Finland more than 15 times in 2 years and a half. I have travelled around- although whenever I am in Finland I am mostly based in Joensuu- and the more I discover Finland the more I love it.
Finnish Design, Finnish Fashion, Finnish Architecture, Finnish Food (yes, food!) are really fascinating to me. Finns have a unique, simple and beautiful taste ....even shampoos in Finland can be stylish.
Some months ago I came across the Erittäin Hieno Suomalainen Shampoo (Extremely Fine Finnish Shampoo). And I simply had to buy it because of the old-fashion design...(it turned out that even the quality of the shampoo is good!)




It first came on the market in 1974  and is an affordable shampoo for all hair types. It is manufactured in Finland by Cederroth.The packaging, ideated by Kirsi Paakkanen, who would later become famous as the woman who saved design company Marimekko from bankruptcy, is adorable.

The shape of the bottle was meant to bring the pharmacist's bottles of the period to mind. The pharmacy was regarded as the most trustworthy of shops. The blue represents the blue of the summer sky, the blue found in the Finnish flag, and the blue eyes of the majority of the Finnish people. The little red cabin on the shore of a lake is the Finnish ideal, what nearly everyone here dreams of - a quiet little place where they will be left undisturbed. The whooper swan is the national bird of Finland.


If you happen to be in Finland, go to just a normal supermarket and buy this fabolous shampoo...you won't repent it....you can also find it online at the Finnish online shop http://www.suomikauppa.fi/index.php?language=en

No comments:

Post a Comment